Sunday, February 5, 2012

nights out

I have been out two nights running!! Friday at the Lit and Phil - reading my poems. Felt intimidated and out of place but got some lovely feedback from a couple of people in the audience so I should pay attention to that. I am not sure I have the same gravitas or wit as I my fellow readers so wonder if I need to think about a stage name/pseudonym for the poetry Sue!!
Last night out at the Sage to see Alfie Boe - an unexpected Christmas present that I wasn't sure about when I opened it up on Christmas Day but I have to say I was blown away. What a magnificent voice and a great stage presence - enjoyed it immensely.

red kites swoop below
the low winter sun
warms our faces
as we explore
new fences

we stumble upon
recent gateways
find new routes
round the fields,
consider where it might lead
Glorious Sunday Sunshine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment