Wednesday, February 8, 2012

lost days

Have felt too preoccupied to sit and write but that was probably the wrong thing to do. Write the stuff down I say - helps you process what is going on. I think I am in danger of committing to too many things and ending up running out of steam. One of my students said she felt like she has hit a wall after the first 2 years of the course and I wonder whether there comes a time when you can't take anymore and you just have to take a step back.

I know what I want to do and it is around professional development, coaching, supervision and creativity but how do I fashion a job that allows me to do that and also work in a supportive and nurturing environment. I know I can't work on my own - need interaction to help with my energy levels but I am not sure where to find it.

I need to find a balance between helping others and giving myself some compassion and time so I can create and develop. Used to giving out and helping others at the cost of my own energy levels and after 50 years you would think I would stop!!

Coaching is a great way to help others and keep a balance. The more I pay attention to not swooping in within a coaching session and rescuing the person the better I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment