Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Seeing right through it

On my way back from dog walking the other day I noticed the view through this top window for the first time. This old Co-Op building in the village is in a very sad and sorry state. It used be the thriving hub of this end of the village and now it has lost most of its insides and only the front survives. The shops just about help to keep the building going. It is such a terrible shame but at the same time the view seemed quite symbolic at the time. Buildings have to be transient things but we do make a fuss about keeping them going. The trouble is if the humans are not around to give them meaning then they lose any significance for me - so without the stories what is the point?
 I thought of seeing if I can have a creative idea or output each day through August. There is not much work stuff to intrude into the artistic side of my thinking so I thought it might be a good time to give it a go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment