Saturday, June 16, 2012

Flourishing and Olympic Torch


Finding it hard to concentrate at the moment. I am trying to read Flourish by Martin Seligman so I can understand Positive Psychology and appreciative inquiry so I can get to grips with how I am going to approach my work with individuals and organisations – thinking of exploring the possibilities of being an independent development consultant – offering one-to-one coaching and support to organisations in service improvement and change. I am also beginning to realise that my unhappiness with work is to do with missing helping people. I buzz after one of my poetry sessions – interacting with people and giving them a voice is a wonderful thing to do. People don’t expect to be able to write poems but they do, they enjoy it and get a huge amount of satisfaction and enhanced well-being from taking part and creating something. Seligman’s book provides insight and theoretical underpinnings as to why this activity is good for folk and it is something I wish I could be paid to do every day but if I can start with 1 day a week it might help me cope with the current job!!



Went to Shotley Bridge this afternoon to see Olympic Torch – not sure that that many people have been in Shotley at one time for many years. It was great to see so many people out to see the Torch.





No comments:

Post a Comment